North Carolina Surgical Errors Attorneys
Have You Suffered Due to the Surgical Negligence of a Physician in Winston-Salem?
The rapid pace of technological advances in today’s surgical techniques sometimes runs ahead of a surgeon’s ability to handle them safely. If you or a family member has been seriously injured or killed as a consequence of a preventable surgical error or malpractice, contact the attorneys at Comerford Chilson & Moser, L.L.P., in Winston-Salem, for a free consultation about your right to compensation.
Instances of surgical malpractice that can support a claim for substantial damages include the following:
- Burns and tissue damage resulting from laparoscopic surgery
- Failure to obtain a patient’s informed consent prior to a surgical procedure
- Perforating the bowel
- Severing a nerve
- Penetrating critical tissue such as the cornea or lens during eye surgery
- Errors during gastric bypass surgery leading to death from cardiac arrest, infection, or blood clots
- Failure to guard against sepsis or infection during and immediately after surgery
- Leaving foreign objects (sponges, clamps, or instruments) in the patient’s body cavity
- Anesthesia errors resulting in permanent brain damage or death
- Laminectomy or other back surgery errors resulting in permanent spinal cord damage
- Mistakes during the installation or removal of stents, pacemakers, implants, screws, or catheters
$18.5 Million Settlement
$10.4 Million Verdict
Halo Screw Penetrated Skull 1.8 cm
$9.5 Million Verdict
Surgical negligence litigation is quite complex. The key issues often involve our ability to establish the causal connection between the surgeon’s negligence and the plaintiff’s injury or the victim’s death. We have decades of experience with the investigation and proof of surgical negligence cases, and we have the resources necessary to ensure your case is fully documented and supported by expert evidence.
The attorneys at Comerford Chilson & Moser, L.L.P. handle surgical negligence cases all over North Carolina. We accept cases on a contingent fee basis. The firm collects its attorney’s fees only when it settles a claim or wins at trial.
Schedule A Free Consultation
For additional information about our ability to handle your claim for surgical malpractice damages, contact one of our lawyers to get started on your case today.
Our Reputation Speaks For Itself
"During our first meeting, he assured me that he would take this anxiety and responsibility from me. Emotionally, I felt a deep sense of relief that stayed with me during the months he was working for me."- Roberta T.