Meet Our Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
Comerford Chilson & Moser is led by three highly experienced and diligent personal injury attorneys, each highly successful in their specialized areas.
W. Thompson Comerford
- W. Thompson Comerford is a renowned personal injury attorney who has been practicing law in Winston-Salem, North Carolina since 1974.
- He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in North Carolina, as well as the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Attorney Comerford has tried over 250 jury cases to verdict.
- He is a recipient of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award.
- He is listed with Best Lawyers in America and recognized as "Lawyer of the Year" multiple times including 2020 and 2021.
- Attorney Comerford is also listed by North Carolina SuperLawyers where he has been recognized as one of the top 10 lawyers in North Carolina.
John A. Chilson
- A trial attorney with more than 20 years of legal experience on both sides of the courtroom, John has built a reputation as a skilled litigator who is unafraid to take on complex cases and fight for the best possible outcome for his clients.
- In recognition of his outstanding professionalism and superior client service, he has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell – the highest rating available
- He has been consistently recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in the categories of Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Malpractice Litigation.
- Currently, he is recognized as Best Lawyers’ 2021 Personal Injury “Lawyer of the Year” in North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad region.
- John Kenneth is a highly skilled trial attorney who has spent over thirteen years fighting for the rights of clients who have been catastrophically injured due to the negligent behavior of large corporations and individuals.
- Prior to joining our firm, John Kenneth served as an Assistant District Attorney in Forsyth County where he tried more than thirty jury trials. This extensive courtroom experience has proven to be invaluable in securing favorable outcomes for his clients.
- John Kenneth has also been recognized by his peers as an AV preeminent lawyer, the highest rating given by Martindale Hubbell.
- He has been named a Best Lawyer of America.
- He has received the distinction of “Super Lawyer” in the area of personal injury litigation from North Carolina’s Super Lawyers Magazine in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
"The attorneys and staff at Comerford Chilson & Moser are one top-notch organization. While it is unfortunate we met under these circumstances, I am forever grateful to their team and I plan to keep in touch with everyone at this amazing firm."- Chip L.
"When it was finally complete, they explained what we should expect going forward and continued to check on how we are doing — after more than 10 years. I can’t thank them enough for all they did and would highly recommend the firm..."- Jeff Simon
At our law firm, we have been successfully handling personal injury cases for many years, and have the skills, knowledge, and specialized resources to get the best possible outcome for our clients. We carefully select the cases we take and only take on a limited number of cases each year so we can give each one the attention it deserves. We are willing to go to trial if necessary to get the best results for our clients and have a reputation among other attorneys and insurance adjusters as being tough but fair.
Experience Leads to Excellent Case Outcomes
We have represented clients who have been seriously injured in a wide variety of accidents, including:
We have also represented clients who have been involved in major accidents involving multiple vehicles, including those involving 18-wheelers and other commercial vehicles. We believe that our success is due to our commitment to providing our clients with the best possible representation.
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured in an accident, we encourage you to contact us at (336) 568-8779 to schedule a free consultation so that we can evaluate your case and determine how we can best help you.
Take the Necessary Steps to Obtain the Best Results
Boutique Law Firm with A Personal Approach to Every Case
Outstanding Reputation in The Legal Community
Nearly a Century of Combined Experience